- verification email are sent out to verify emails used for Sign up.
- signup alert email are sent to notify interested users of a new signup.
- password reset email are sent out when someone has lost a password and clicks "RESET PASSWORD" on the Sign in page.
- follower notification email are sent to notify followers of a change to a card they're following.
- when using contextual names in email templates, "_self" refers to card that triggers the email, not to the template itself
- address fields (*to, *from, *cc, and *bcc) can point to users or directly to email addresses
- the contextual names "_user" often comes in handly in address fields
- it's a good idea to fill out both +*html message and +*text message fields to make sure the email looks great for all kinds of readers