Currently, RichText, PlainText, Phrase all look different in edit mode (Pointer, Percentage and Number look like Phrase).
Let's go with the pale yellow background on everything, and the font and font size of the RichText cards.
- Basic — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*account+*rform and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*account+*rform
- PlainText — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*table_of_contents+*rform and http:/test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*table_of_contents+*rform
- Phrase — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*title and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*title
- HTML — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*css and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*css
- Pointer — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*account+*related and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*account+*related
- Date — http://wagn.org/card/edit/Gerry_Gleason+birthday and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/Today
- Number — http://wagn.org/card/edit/Carnitas+serves and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/Forty_two
- image/file upload text boxes too — http://wagn.org/card/edit/*logo and http://test.dwagn.org/card/edit/*logo
would be great to check this in multiple browsers.
So where possible I tried to make everything have the same look and I added a little focus effect. Here's where there were difficulties:
- file uploads boxes (including images) are not very receptive to css manipulation. I tried, then googled and confirmed this. they're still white.
- it's not easy to make divs do "focus" behaviors, so tinymce isn't currently responding
- buttons, checkboxes, and submit buttons always behave differently on different browsers. we'll want to pay close attention.
Search bar oddness - most of it the background is yellow when it has focus, except under the magnifying glass.
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 00:01:01 -0700 2009
Tested on Firefox and Safari, will do IE tomorrow.
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 00:41:36 -0700 2009
Do we want to do Comment boxes and Name boxes the same while we're at it?
I think name name boxes are special, so it's ok to be different for now. Comment boxes are already the same. -em
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 00:42:35 -0700 2009
(In Safari, the edit boxes are a little taller in the new style, but it looks okay. The Save/Cancel/Delete buttons are a bit taller too, and that looks odd but not too bad. The left and right edges of the buttons are quite close to the words, which does look kind of bad.)
Nice catch. I think the taller buttons are probably better, easier to use, except for the horizontal scrunching (which in itself is not new). I'll fix the width. Even if that means a little extra width on firefox, it won't be bad.
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 00:49:01 -0700 2009
Basic cards aren't lighting up yellow like other edit fields when they have focus.
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 00:58:14 -0700 2009
In summary, unless you say otherwise, these are the outstanding todos:
√1. horizontal padding on buttons
√2. remove focus behavior from search bar
√3. ticket focus behavior on search bar and tinymce
4. test on IE
--Ethan McCutchen.....Sat May 23 13:21:32 -0700 2009
(note, lew deployed all these changes, so they're showing up live now)
--Ethan McCutchen.....Sat May 23 13:54:08 -0700 2009
--John Abbe.....Sat May 23 14:48:38 -0700 2009
Fixed button padding and removed focus behavior from search bar
--Ethan McCutchen.....Wed May 27 12:27:58 -0700 2009
Doesn't break anything new on IE6.
--John Abbe.....Fri May 29 13:33:35 -0700 2009
--John Abbe.....Wed Oct 12 10:48:31 -0700 2011