embedded pages are not renaming

Support Ticket


For quite some time, I'm finding that renames of embedded pages are not renaming the originally embedded card name, even when "Fix it" is clicked.

This didn't used to happen. When I changed a card name and asked for all instances to be renamed, it did so.


I embed in a Card X and then need to change it later. I return to Card X and edit +Card Y to rename it +Card Z, save,  opt to "fix" the associated cards, and Card X and it still says +Card Y and now invites me to add it.



I just tried it at http://test.dwagn.org/wagn/includer_card and it worked. Can you link to a specific example? --John

did you happen to notice whether these were "relative" inclusions -- like, starting with a "+"?

  --Ethan McCutchen.....Sun Mar 27 13:32:06 -0700 2011

They are "relative" inclusions starting with a "+".


  --Brandon WilliamsCraig.....Sun Mar 27 14:30:03 -0700 2011

OK, great. (in the sense that it's very reproducible).


My guess is that the pattern matching is trying to find "Card X+Card Y", which isn't matching "+Card Y". It's a little trickier than it sounds, but it needs to be worked out. It may be that in the initial fix we address the common "+cardname" case but not other relative names (_self+cardname, _left+cardname, cardname+, etc).


Will ticket soon. Want to survey related tickets first.

  --Ethan McCutchen.....Mon Mar 28 10:25:14 -0700 2011

forgot to say: thanks for the clear, detailed ticket!!!

  --Ethan McCutchen.....Mon Mar 28 10:25:37 -0700 2011