Open Space camp/unconference on wiki and many other cool things — collaboration, community, etc. See http://recentchangescmp.org for links to each event's wiki
Next one in Portland, early 2010 (or Australia this year?)
Wagn ran the conference wiki — http://2009rcc.org/
Idea to show other user editing when in a conflict.
Ludovic of XWiki:
Liked everything a card; also confusing, need to hide in some places.
Need custom UI in many places anyway.
Newton: Draw a diagram of relationship among: card, relative inclusion, Cardtype, forms
At RecentChangesCamp 2007 in Portland, we did speed intros.
* Wiki is to word processing what Wagn is to database - users can evolve data structures over time, step by step, rather than having to sit down with a database designer, figure it all out in advance and be more or less stuck with it.
* cards rather than pages; each page has a bunch of cards.
* connections/connection cards - like fields of the card you're on.
* ease of editing
* data types, validation
* card types -> tag cloud when creating new cards
* ask if people want to play with it later, and invite them to wagn.org on the spot.
Things we learned:
Some interest in http://wikiwyg.org/
Dan Mendell suggested we look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_operating_system
Prototype-based classification - George Lakoff, Eleanor Roche, Ludwig Wittgenstein
Antonio (Prototype-based categorization)
Ian Henderson? (Vendor Relationships Management) - defined human life in 3000