Currently we have:
font-family: Monaco, "Lucida Console", "DejaVu Sans Mono", monospace;
font-size: 12px; (We're often adding strong by hand; pre can't be styled that way but at 12px it's probably unnecessary.)
line-height: 13px; (or something much less than current 21px)
padding: 8px 0;
The styling in edit mode should also be tweaked if possible, at least to be monospaced.
1. the edit mode is fixed (see example)
2. font-family is a skin-by-skin decision. default is fine for "classic" wagn look (I'll remove explicit monospace setting)
3. will remove font-size setting. default will go to 12px
4. re padding: yuck! text lines up against background. looks awful.
5. working on removing explicit line height settings wherever possible. should be better by default.
+discussed in support tickets+relevant user stories